The algorithms of search engines are constantly changing, but there are things whose role is still important. These are backlinks and the quality of content – on the position of the site in search they have the strongest impact.
The requirements of Google to the quality of links and content are becoming higher, which complicates the work on search promotion. This is especially important for small businesses and new online stores, they are not ready to spend a lot of money to buy backlinks. But there is a solution: you can get quality SEO-links without buying them directly from other people’s sites.
In this article, there are some methods of obtaining external links, for the use of which you do not need to be an experienced specialist, and instead of money will have to invest only your time.
1. Creating pages in social media
The first thing to do is to create official company pages in social networks. This is the easiest way to get external links as soon as you launch your online store. Even if you do not plan to work actively on SMM, this opportunity is definitely worth using.
Do not limit yourself to the popular Facebook and Instagram, make pages for your company in Google+, Tweeter, YouTube and LinkedIn. You will get 6 quality and completely free links at once.
2. Working with forums (crowd marketing)
You can work not only with niche forums but also look for thematic branches in forums of thematic sites. If there is information on your site that could potentially be useful to participants of the discussion, you can safely share it in the discussion. It is well perceived by users, as opposed to direct advertising.
On many forums, members whose posts have exceeded a certain threshold (15-20 posts) can leave links to their site in their signatures. If you actively communicate via such a link, other users begin to move regularly.
3. Sites with reviews
For any company, regardless of its size, customer feedback is very important. They attract other people’s attention and can often have a decisive influence on your product selection.
There are specialized websites on the Internet that are aggregators of feedback about companies, their products, and services, for example, Otzovik.com, Tripadvisor.com.
On such platforms, you can create a company page where people can leave their reviews, and you get a free link to your site.
4. Interviews for media
This can work particularly well with regional media, which often lack interesting stories on the agenda. So you can get a link to the company’s website, and additional bonuses to brand recognition.
In addition to interviews, it is possible to work through individual materials on topics in which you are well versed and offer your comments as an expert (by writing a letter to the author of a blog or to the editorial office).
5. Thematic aggregators
Aggregators – sites with a lot of information, mainly business-oriented. We are talking about thematic catalogs, for example:
- Catalog of foreign language courses.
- Catalog of dental clinics.
- Catalog of companies that work in the construction industry.
- Aggregator of tutor services.
- Aggregator of online stores.
If your target region is large, you can find several dozens of aggregators through Google, and on each of them you can register by creating a company page.
6. Creation and distribution of valuable content
It can be a step-by-step guide to solving a particular problem, a research result, a checklist to complete a task or an electronic PDF book dedicated to a specific topic.
High-quality content takes time to prepare, but its publication attracts the attention of the audience, and many people share links to such a page on the site with friends, forums and social networks.
This approach is especially popular in the English-speaking segment of the Internet and has for many years been considered one of the most effective ways to get backlinks to the site. It also has a very positive impact on the credibility of the business. You can check LinksManagement, service that helps build links.
7. Cooperation with bloggers
This approach works very well in the case of online retailers. The audience of some bloggers is comparable to the audience of popular media. In exchange for a review and/or mention of your store, you can offer a blogger to test the product.
First of all, pay attention to authors of offline blogs (sites), owners of promoted Instagram accounts and YouTube channels. Working with them, you can get the link and a recommendation from a reputable person in your niche.
8. Info partnership for events
Even in small cities, not to mention millions of people, regular exhibitions and other events are held on a variety of topics. The organizers work with the media and individual companies to disseminate information about the event and attract more participants.
By contacting the organizers, you can offer them support in the form of information partnerships ( blog postings and social networks), in exchange for mentioning your company with a link to a shop. Often partner links are posted on the main page of the event website.
You can agree on cooperation with the organizers of fairs and masterclasses, offering them to organize a competition with a drawing of one of your products among the participants or give small souvenirs to the participants. For this, the organizers will tell about your shop on their website and on social networks.
If your online store has links to pages from other quality projects in your niche, the search engine considers it more authoritative than other similar sites, all other things being equal.
As a result, the visibility of important business keywords is growing, positions become higher, and all this together leads to an increase in traffic.
There are some other important bonuses that provide quality link mass:
- Brand recognition grows due to the increase in contact points with the target audience on external resources.
- Links from other sites to your store’s pages can be used by potential customers, and this is additional sales.
Marie Barnes is a writer for Bestforacar. She is an enthusiastic blogger interested in writing about technology, social media, work, travel, lifestyle, and current affairs. She shares her insights through blogging.
It’s time to take your company to the next level.
You’ve tried personalized pens, cute social media posts, and fresh business cards, but nothing seems to be boosting business as it should. It can be a frustrating place to be in as a company owner.
Luckily for you, there are people who are SEO content writers. Search engine optimization sounds scary, but trust us, it’s worth it.
They are intelligent, creative, and always down for a challenge so you know you need to add them to your team. If you want to get in their head a little more, above are 7 things they always think of before writing an article. Make sure to keep reading!
1. The Audience
Quite obviously, thinking about the consumers of the content is important. Many companies love their products and talk about them but forget who they are talking to most of the time.
The first major step of creating SEO content is looking at a targeted demographic. Are they old or young? Are they city-dwellers, male, female, parents, home-owners, etc?
Knowing your audience is critical but knowing how to reach them effectively is also important. If you’re trying to sell a new pressure washer to homeowners, there’s probably no sense in describing the physics and science behind how it works.
Just let them know it works and what sorts of applications they could use it on. They probably aren’t concerned about mechanics as long as it does the job. That’s why you need people who know how to advertise to an audience.
2. The Research
People want good information, and people want facts to back it up. One of the main components of SEO writing pieces is reliable evidence. This not only means doing the research, it means finding credible sources.
SEO content writers know where to look and how to look when it comes to doing the research. They can sift through articles, statistics, and pages of information and pull out the parts they need.
They work in the facts to new pieces and always give credit where it’s due. Hard, cold facts will take your advertisement to the next level. This is one reason you need a professional SEO consultant.
3. The Clarity
If someone can’t read and understand your writing, they definitely aren’t going to buy your service or product. An SEO content writer is concerned about the readability of every piece.
They don’t type like they’re speaking to a toddler, but they make sure the writing is easy to digest and doesn’t overwhelm anyone. You’re less likely to read something if it’s 25 paragraphs of dense information.
Professional writers know how to properly breakdown and present information for those viewing. Make yourself presentable and approachable with a content writer.
4. The Keywords
Targeted keywords are the words your desired audience is typing into the search bar. You want to include these words to boost any content you publish. Good SEO writing effectively uses keywords.
Notice the word “effectively”. This means they aren’t using the keywords excessively or placing them where they seem awkward. The writers are intentionally choosing words they can naturally work into a piece.
They can find these words by observing potential customers and conducting surveys.
5. The Visuals
Most people can agree a picture is more appealing than a few lines of words. While the words contain important information, an SEO content writer is going to find the visuals you need to draw in people.
These visuals can include things like graphs, photographs, and video. Good writers will choose visual content that compliments the writing and keeps the audience interested.
Graphs project information in a way that’s easier to understand for people. If you’re trying to report statistics of the success of a new product, work a bar graph into the mix. It’ll give you a fair bump up in the competition.
6. The Analytics
Accurate reports and numbers are absolutely critical and content writers understand. Why are they important?
Without accurate understandings of how your content is performing, you can’t improve on weaknesses. There’s always room for improvement, and you need to be aware of what you need to improve.
Take time quarterly to evaluate how certain keywords are performing, how many people are reading your content, and if people are clicking on the links you provide. All of these things contribute to your success.
Once an SEO writer has the information he or she needs, keywords can be shifted if need be. Especially if you’re in a growing industry, keywords can shift and transform often.
7. The Actual Content
Nothing is as important as the actual meat of the content you’re presenting to the audience. Every word should be chosen carefully and should have a place in the piece.
When creating content, writers think about length, angles, and effectiveness.
As far as length, it’s important to find the appropriate word count. Not giving enough information could write you off as not knowing what you’re talking about. Giving too much information could bore people.
When it comes to angles, topics should create multiple conversations and encourage people to do their own thinking. You want to be straightforward while also allowing openings for different facets.
Effectiveness is judging how well the content is getting across to the audience. Are they understanding the information? Are they taking action using the information?
All of these elements can make or break the success of a piece. A great SEO content writer will know what to do with all of it to rake in wins.
Hire SEO Content Writers
Not everyone understands search engine optimization (SEO), and that’s okay. It’s why you need SEO content writers. They can take your service to where it needs to be.
From keywords to visuals to content, they work magic when reaching audiences. Above are only some of the things content writers think about before sitting down to write a piece. Even though it’s only part of it, it’s enough to show you why you need to hire one.
If you need help with marketing, SEO, or design, make sure you request a quote.
Looking for a reliable SEO, Web Design and Marketing expert in the 775 area code?
Hello, my name is Sandy, and I am the local internet marketing expert at RenoWebDesigner.com. I have over 17 years experience helping business owners rank their website for their most profitable keywords in Google, Yahoo & Bing.
Organic search engine optimization is the most important marketing strategy you can implement.
I mean really, how did you find my website? Yep! You searched online for services related to SEO and lead generation and bam! You found me.
You know what else? I did not have to pay Google anything for this new lead. Unlike PPC and paid advertising, when you clicked onto this webpage, I did not have to pay for the click.
Give me a call and learn how I can help you reach more customers with your website.
I can be reached by calling 775-453-6120.
Have a fabulous day and I look forward to getting to know you.
Reno | Sparks | Carson City | South Meadows | South Reno | Stead | Lake Tahoe | Minden | Dayton
S.E.O (search engine optimization) the science and art of ranking a page from a website on search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.
I remember back in the good old days, that if your small Reno business wanted to reach thousands of local customers, you had to take out a loan or beg, borrow or steal a few thousand dollars to get a respectable ad in the Yellow Pages. For some markets, a YP ad would be just the thing you needed to kick start a successful marketing campaign, for others, was a painful mistake (tax right off). Thanks to SEO (search engine optimization), times have changed, and for the good if you ask me.
Google, Yahoo and Bing search engines give a small business a real chance of reaching ideal customers for less than a few hundred dollars or less. You don’t need to be a top SEO Expert or an award winning Web Designer to take advantage of these marketing strategies either.
Monthly Lunch & Learn – Free Internet Marketing Workshop with Sandy Rowley with RenoWebDesigner.com
Listed below are some helpful tips for reaching your new customers using search engine marketing. I wish you the very best in your internet marketing endeavors. I am always here to chat over the phone if your too busy to do the SEO, Web Design or Social Media Marketing yourself. Want hands on marketing help? Join our FREE monthly marketing workshop. Learn more here. I can be reached at 775-453-6120, just ask for Sandy!
10 Steps To Higher Conversions (sales) on Your Website
- Create one page on your website that is designed with one specific goal. A great example would be a landing page that encourages viewers to sign up for a class, e-book, gift…you get the idea. Make this landing page your irresistible offer geared around your products & services. You can hire a custom website development company or use landing page creator sites like Launch Rock, U Bounce or Insta Page for free to little no cost.
Bills.com has a great example of an irresistible offer with their interactive bill tool.
MailChimps home page is a great design example, but uses links to other information. The sole product is still the focus point.
Use a strong call to action at the very top of the landing page and keep the information on the page only about the one offer or ask.
Integrate bold colors and simple backgrounds.
Use testimonials and authority site badges.
- Remember, less is more for high end products and more is, well more for lower dollar services and products. If you need to buy a landing page template from Theme Forest or a download a free one online, fine, do that. Unless you are a graphic designer, do not try to cram a bunch of information onto your landing page and hope for the best. You are only wasting your time. The design needs to be clean, easy to use and straight to the point in order for it to work. You have less than 5 seconds to really motivate someone into action. Most non designers and even seasoned graphic designers struggle with finding the right amount of words and images to create a sense of urgency and demand for their product or service. We feel we need to add as much information as humanly possible. Your viewer will only be confused, bored and ultimately leave.
- Once you have a strong call to action, an emotion generating image or video and high strategically positioned sign up form created, now you can add content below the fold of the web page. Here is where you can list your top 5 frequently asked questions, your top 3 customer testimonials, your latest press coverage and useful information. Remember, only place content on this page that relates to the one strong call to action. If your goal is to get someone to buy the product, only focus on that product. Do NOT have links to any other pages on your site or others within this web page landing page design. Remember, the only way off of this landing page is to buy something, bookmark for later or leave. Period.
- Now that your money making landing page is created, you need to consider where your customers are at online. Are they in a popular group related to knitting? Hiking? Drinking? Find out where they are. It is important to know where your customers are online. If you are selling a product for bakers, I would search for popular blogs for bakers, gift shows, recipe contests and the like. Start off looking for small “mommy” blogs that talk about baking. Email and ask for advertising rates. You are wanting to trade if possible. The goal is for her/him to write a great article about your baking tool/product linking back to your landing page. You could even copy your first landing page, and add logo and picture of the blog site within the landing page… Then email this out to their followers.
- Offer a give-away contest to the blogger. They are always looking for content and exciting things to share with their followers. Make sure that the blogger tags your Facebook, Twitter and website address to your landing page in all their marketing and social media outreach. Give-always are a super way to reach a lot of new business, fast.
- Do a search for Google PPC credit and / or Facebook credits. Use this $100 credit to setup an advertising campaign linking directly to this landing page url. Remember to set your budget to $100, because you can exceed this by several hundreds or thousands of dollars in one day. You can track how many people saw your ad and how many clicked…versus who actually bought something. You can look at the keywords that were most successful and use these same keywords to do an organic SEO campaign for future sales.
- Partnerships are a quick way to reach potential customers online. Let’s stick with the bakery product niche. Who in your industry that is not a direct competitor, would want to partner up and sell your product to their customers? You can offer then a percentage of the sale to do this and/or pay a marketing fee.
- Write an article a day that helps your ideal market solve a problem. This one article or info-graphic or video a day will drastically increase your position in Google organic search. These content pieces need to be at least 800 words or longer to have a lasting positive change in your rankings in Google search.
- Sponsor a local Meetup group for $90. Choose a Meetup group that has hundreds of active members who match your ideal customer base. You can learn more about this group website at meetup.com
- Purchase space in your local Chamber of Commerce website and/or email monthly e blast. The going rates are anywhere from $99 and up, but you can reach thousands of local businesses and their employees fast. Make sure to track the clicks you receive independently of the Chambers email blast service. You can use free url shorteners/trackers from Google and Bitly.
Landing pages are a great web design marketing tool to help convert those new website views into real world customers. I see so many PPC Pay Per Click campaigns with low quality scores and results because they send their paid traffic to the home page of their website instead of a highly crafted landing page on their website that converts to sales.
You can find more SEO, Web Design, Social Media and Graphic Design information throughout my website.
I have 17 years’ experience in helping small businesses with internet marketing. I can be reached at https://www.renowebdesigner.com or call me, Sandy Rowley, at 775-453-6120.