Now that you have your website up and running, you need to put together a simple plan to help your future customers learn about your services and products. The old adage, ‘Build it and they will come’ only applies to businesses located in high foot traffic locations, not online.
Google and other search engines need to see that other website properties find your website valuable and helpful in some way. Most websites “vote” for your website with a back link.
What is a back link?
A back link is where another website links a page on their website with a page on your website. For example, FreeWebSubmission.com is a back link to Free Web submission’s website.
Check their website stats with tools like SEMrush.com and Ahrefs.com and you will see that this website has thousands of back links. These back links are one of many SEO factors that help this online website directory rank high in Google search engine.
Although having back links can help your website rank high in search engines, you must keep in mind the following facts:
- Buying back links is usually a bad idea. Having back links from spam sites can harm your SEO.
- Find back links that are from websites in similar niches as your own.
- Make this one of your top priorities each week for ongoing SEO support.
Want to know how well your website is really doing in SEO? Use my free SEO tool here.
HUGE list of Free Website Directories
1. All Free Things (Page Rank 4)
2. Free PR Web Directory (Page Rank 6)
3. Travel Tourism Directory Info (Page Rank 6)
4. So Much (Page Rank 6)
5. High Rank Directory (Page Rank 6)
6. Britain Business Directory (Page Rank 6)
7. Marketing Internet Directory (Page Rank 6)
8. Hot Vs Not (Page Rank 6)
9. Submission Web Directory (Page Rank 6)
10. Diolead (Page Rank 6)
11. Uk Internet Directory (Page Rank 6)
12. Jet Jaws (Page Rank 6)
13. Esjoub (Page Rank 6)
14. Lilink (Page Rank 7)
15. Feed Up Info (Page Rank 8)
16. Finance Buster (Page Rank 6)
17. Synergy-Directory (Page Rank 4)
18. Nexus Directory (Page Rank 4)
19. Directory Fire (Page Rank 4)
20. Master Moz (Page Rank 4)
21. Direct My Link (Page Rank 4)
22. Pro Link Directory (Page Rank 4)
23. Info-Listings (Page Rank 4)
24. Submissions 4U (Page Rank 4)
25. Piseries (Page Rank 4)
26. Gain Web Org (Page Rank 4)
27 Best Free Websites Net (Page Rank 3)
28. PR 3 Plus (Page Rank 3)
29. Web Directory Co (Page Rank 3)
30. 10 Directory (Page Rank 3)
A backlink for a given web resource is a link from some other website (the referrer) to that web resource (the referent). A web resource may be (for example) a website, web page, or web directory.
A backlink is a reference comparable to a citation. The quantity, quality, and relevance of backlinks for a web page are among the factors that search engines like Google evaluate in order to estimate how important the page is. PageRank calculates the score for each web page based on how all the web pages are connected among themselves, and is one of the variables that Google Search uses to determine how high a web page should go in search results. This weighting of backlinks is analogous to citation analysis of books, scholarly papers, and academic journals. A Topical PageRank has been researched and implemented as well, which gives more weight to backlinks coming from the page of a same topic as a target page. 
Some other words for backlink are incoming link, inbound link, inlink, inward link, and citation.
How can you get more relevant back links to your website?
Not all back links are created equal. Some back links have more authority. This is because the website has a large volume of its own back links as well as thousands of pages of relevant and related industry content that is trusted within the Google network.
These high value websites are often difficult to get a back link on, but are doable.
Some strategies to help you secure a high value back link are:
- Write a long form article that includes a helpful and professionally designed inforgraphic. I can can help design this infographic for you if needed. (My rates are $850 per infographic).
- Share this article with popular news sites looking for this type of content. Allow them to post your long form (2,000 words or more) content with custom infographic onto their news site and/or blog. Make sure to link back to your main website.
- Offer to share tips and useful information for your local Chamber of Commerce website. Make sure to include a website link back to your about us page. Most people only link back to the home page of their website, this is a mistake. You should send back links to different sections of your website for the best SEO results.
- Complete as many social media profiles as you can. Make sure to add a website url to your companies main website within each social media profile section. This is very time consuming, but worth the effort in the long run.
When ever we talk about SEO, we divide it into on site and off site SEO. Off site SEO mainly contains backlinks and social signals. Specially, to boost your ranking in SERP’s you need to get quality links from other authority sites. We all know the importance of search engine traffic and that getting high quality backlinks to your blog is one of the best ways to improve your blogs rankings and get better search engine traffic and results, this post will be listing 101 ways by which you can get quality backlinks to your blog.
Though before we move ahead, here are things that you need to keep in mind. In 2012, Google launched Penguin update, which is targeted to get rid of sites using spammy or paid ways to build links. Also, many ways which I mentioned in the article are not so good ways to get quality backlinks, so I will strikethrough such ways and you can ignore them.