The best way to grow your company: Move your business online now!
We’re in a new business environment, where even the most successful businesses face challenges for growth and continued existence. By all accounts, this “new paradigm” is likely to be with us for a long time to come. Businesses will have to innovate and evolve to survive and thrive. Otherwise, the competition will get the better of you!
And, what’s the easiest way to compete and stay relevant in today’s fast paced business world? Move business online!
What Is A Digital Marketing Consultant And Does Your Business Need One?
Three compelling reasons to go online now
The Reno + Sparks Chamber of Commerce is the largest organization of its class that represents over 1,700 businesses from the local community. Proof that Reno is a serious hub of business activity – not just within Nevada, but also nationally. Proudly, “The Biggest Little City in the World” also ranks #11 (national 2019 rankings) on Forbes list of The Best Places For Business And Careers. That same ranking places Reno at #41 for the Cost of Doing Business, and #2 in terms of Job Growth. And all that means plenty of business opportunities for our local business – but only if we leverage those opportunities quickly and effectively.
As a local Reno business, you’re probably wondering if you can compete with your much larger and more dominant competitors – locally, nationally and globally. The answer is simple: Yes, you can! But only if you realize what it takes to make your business more competitive. What’s important, as well, is for businesses to understand why they need to change their business models to start competing online now:
- If you don’t have an online presence, and are depending largely on a bricks-and-mortars model, then your business may soon face dwindling revenues. Shifting preferences for online shopping means more consumers in Reno and its surrounding area will not find you on the web – but they’ll find your competitors instead!
- If you are one of the lucky local Reno businesses that have recently gone online – then you’re already in a great position to take on the competition. However, as your competitors focus on strategies like search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Social Media Marketing (SMM), they’ll soon start poaching your customers – unless you act quickly.
- And if your online business is thriving, you still can’t be complacent. As your competitors move business online too, they’ll start offering highly responsive, mobile-friendly websites to their clients. And, because most online shoppers do their browsing and shopping via mobile devices these days, your business may experience severe customer exodus – unless you respond equally aggressively to the new challenges!
Whether you haven’t taken that first step to going online yet; have recently launched a business website, but aren’t doing much with it; or have a sizable online business, but haven’t kept up with updates or upgrades – now’s the time to review your online marketing strategy and go digital. And the best part about doing that is the tremendous local web designing and digital marketing support you have right here in Reno!
You can do it…and Reno Web Designer is right here to support you! Call or text Sandy at 775-870-0488.
Local web designers taking you global
As local Reno businesses contemplate strategies to move business online, it’s important to carefully analyze all available options before choosing the right digital marketing partner to support you. It’s often tempting to just say “I’ll work with a Big company from a Big city…and make my online presence felt”.
But working with “Big” companies from “Big” cities often means you paying BIG bucks! But there are a whole host of other reasons why you should consider working with a local Reno web designer and digital marketing strategist instead:
- We’re right here…in Reno – which means we’re within easy reach. You can talk to us, consult with us and even walk in and meet with us in person – all in your local time zone! So, if you’re looking for truly one-on-one service, then a local web designer is your best bet
- Because we are plugged-in with the local community, we understand local business issues and challenges better than “outsiders”. And that means we have an edge when it comes to offering competitive advice and proposing locally personalized strategies to help you manage, market and promote your brand
- Our local Reno web designers and developers have the same, if not better, skills and experience profiles than those available anywhere in the State or across the country. And that puts us on a level playing field with the “Big” players. However, our ability to respond locally, using global techniques and technologies, makes all the difference to our clients
- When you work with a local Reno-based web development company to help you to move business online, you’ll be supporting your local economy. In turn, we support our local businesses make their transition to the online world. That’s a powerful team dynamic – and a sure recipe for success! – that working with “outsiders” can’t match!
The truly universal nature of internet-based services makes the location of your web designing and development partner irrelevant – they may operate in your local community, or they may have a presence half-way across the globe. However, choosing a web designer that can swiftly and decisively respond to local developments – such as local supply-chain challenges, business impact of local government decisions, community responses to local business environment – gives local businesses a competitive edge in the long run.
Local online web design experts: What to look for
Having a great-looking website is one thing. Online visitors and casual browsers love peeking in at sites that glitter and dazzle. But creating a professional online presence is whole different ballgame. Whether it’s a B2C (Business to Consumer) website, or a B2B web presence, your customers and prospective clients want more than just glitter and dazzle. In fact, when it comes to professional-looking websites and dazzle – sometimes, less is more!
Five must-haves to check out
For those local Reno companies that are looking to move business online, the choice of partners therefore, to help them make the transition, isn’t simply about developing cool web pages with lots of bells and whistles. You need to consider other aspects about the skills, capabilities and reputation of your web site designer.
Here are five key points to keep in mind when selecting an online business enabler for your company:
- Local presence: Building an ongoing relationship with strategic business service advisors and consultants is key to long-term prosperity. Having a web services advisory team based in or around your local community – where you operate and conduct much of your own business – results in stronger and more lasting professional bonds.
Working with a local presence is like working with a professional that’s part of your extended family. These are your neighbors. Your fellow business owners. They may even be your customers and fans. No one else is likely to be more firmly in your corner, rooting for your success online!
- Established track record: Before signing on the dotted line for web design and digital marketing services, make sure your partner of choice has plenty of experience…and a track record to match! Hitching your company’s future with an inexperienced web services provider, just because they have a local presence, might not be the best way for Reno entrepreneurs to move their business online.
- Personal bond: If possible, have a one-on-one chat with your prospective website design consultant. This might preferably happen via video conference calls -versus just a voice chat. Ideally though, when conditions are ripe, visiting your future web design partner in-person at their office can shed additional light on the company, its founder and key staff who will be working closely with you.
- Broad-based skill sets: Online business success today depends on more than just web design and coding skills. While those two capabilities are important, working with a partner that brings a cross section of other skills to the table can make all the difference to your online marketing presence.
So, look for a local Reno web design company that develops web sites which flow across a broad spectrum of design styles – from simple, minimalist flat designs, to vibrant and modern designs. But don’t just stop there! Once your site is up and running, you’ll need a partner to help you promote and market it. So, working with a partner, that also has SEO, AdWords, Email Promotion and other digital marketing and advisory skills, is an asset as companies work on a strategy to move business online.
- Excellent client reviews and testimonials: A standard sales pitch is: “We are Number 1 in customer satisfaction!”. Don’t just take their word for it. Make sure you ask for, receive and verify client testimonials and recommendations. And, when you do ask for the information, don’t just be satisfied with vague testimonials like “Brian X from a retail client says…”.
Client references and recommendations are only as good as they are real. So, insist on fuller disclosure about who the client is and what specific services the web development company provided.
And, if you are going to make such references a part of your decision-making criteria, base it on clients who have received the same (or significantly similar) set of services that you are shopping for. For example, if you are in the market for SEO services, see what a website optimization services client has to say about their level of satisfaction – not someone who has received hardware selection advice!
Additional thimgs to consider
Clearly, if your local Reno web designer meets all the above criteria – and then some! – chances are that they’ll make the cut into your short list of prospective partners to consider to help transition you to your online business model. However, there are two additional aspects to investigate, that’ll round off your “What to Look For” list:
- Free consultation and evaluations: Often, you might not be able to accurately verify or validate a prospective web service providers’ skill – unless you’ve tried them first! Professional internet service providers and web design companies understand the “try before you buy” sentiment. That’s why, before you decide on which company to work with to move your business online, ask for some free advice and see how you feel about what they say.
The more professional web services businesses also offer some great value-adds for FREE – such as Free SEO Audits of your website, or limited slots of free consulting advice. Having such offers available means the web services provider is confident about what they can do for their clients, and are even willing to provide some basic value-adds for free, so clients might appreciate what’s on offer.
- Commitment to consumer education: They say “An educated consumer makes the best customer!”. But it takes time, energy and resources for professionals to conduct educational and informational outreach sessions. The fact that a web design company or digital marketing firm conducts regular lunch/learn workshops and sessions, underlines their commitment to creating a savvier prospective client base.
Making your move…
There’s no doubt that, as a savvy Reno business owner, if you wish to survive and thrive in today’s highly-competitive business environment, you need to move your business online – NOW! However, making such a move isn’t always easy – especially if you have a relatively small (or none!) online digital footprint. While you could try the DIY approach, or reach out to someone from across the State or overseas for help, there are experienced and capable service providers right here in the city that can help.
So, don’t waste any more time thinking about making the move. Instead, make your move and contact Reno Web Designer.Com, or join owner and web-entrepreneur Sandy Rowley and a host of local Reno business owners at one of Sandy’s informational workshops. You’ll not only connect with like-minded business owners, but also learn a lot more about web designing, Social Media Marketing, PPC marketing…and a whole lot more.
Best of all…these workshops are FREE, with no obligations or commitments. It’s just one way that Sandy is giving back to her local Reno community!