NOTE: I have put together notes from the workshop to help guide you with your SEO efforts. I am here to help if needed. My specialties are custom web design, online marketing strategies, SEO/ PPC and Social Media Marketing management as well as Public Speaking. RSVP for next marketing workshop here.
With every SEO plan comes keyword research. Why try to rank on the first page of Google for a keyword no one is searching for or worse, is way too competitive for your budget?
❤️ 3 Quick Steps in SEO Keyword Research for 2018 ❤️
Search on SEMrush and see how many people a month search for your first keyword idea. Remember, just because you think it should be a popular keyword, does not mean it actually is. https://renowebdesigner.com/nevada-seo-free-keyword-research-tool/
- Search on Google to see who the PPC ads are from and scroll down to the bottom beneath the maps and see what types of companies are already ranking at the top of Google? Are they HUGE corporations or local businesses? If they are large corporation’s chances are you will not have enough time, money or connections to outrank them within a few months.
- Once you have found a keyword with some search volume and not too many LARGE competitors, you can add that keyword to your list to target with SEO.
SEO TIPS FOR KEYWORD RESEARCH
- Google long tail keywords. Find misspelled words to target. Mispeld keywords. Instead of targeting keywords with tens of thousands of searches a month, choose lesser volume keywords you have a chance at ranking for this year.
- Look at your competitor’s websites to find words they are already targeting.
Verify your business in Google, now!
- Add as many photos and videos as Google will allow you.
- Get reviews on a regular basis.
How to Optimize your website using WordPress free website builder.
- Use keyword at the top left position in the title of the article. Use catchy phrases to get users to actually click on to your listing on Google.
- Use images that are saved as your keywords.
- Embed related Youtube Video.
- Add paragraphs of content related to the keyword in the article.
- Have a call to action on every page.
- Click publish!
SEO vs PPC
Do a search for your keywords. Then look at the results or the SERPS in Google. How many ads are displayed versus how many SEO or free click links are displayed? Search for ‘Reno Web Design’ in Google. Notice the little green box around a word that says ‘Ad’. Each time someone clicks on that ad, they business pays Google $5 – $600 a click. Read Lawyer SEO story here.
A smart business person would be in as many of these results as they could afford. Go to Business.google.com go get your business verified now.
“Sure, I will do your online marketing for free. Don’t pay until I get you results man!” LOL really? Free?
Common SEO and PPC Scams
– Did the SEO company use PPC to rank #1? Ask them why they are not ranked high in Google SEO search for their own keywords?
– Does the SEO company promise #1 rankings for $100 a month or less? Think about it, if you or I could be #1 for a keyword like ‘Reno Real Estate’ for less than $100 a month, we could be rich! Why are those big corporations spending hundreds of thousands of dollars a month to be #1 for that keyword?
“We can make you #1 on Google!”
Most of the large SEO or PPC companies are hoping you will keep paying the money and not notice OR they trick you into thinking your #1 by having you sign into your Gmail email and check your rankings. They are also buying fake views to look at your website and inflate your stats.
– Does the company offer a “No payment till I get results?” This is a big shocker when you read the fine print. You must have a budget of $7500, $10,000 or more per month that you give to them to run your campaigns for you. This is what it usually takes for big SEO and PPC campaigns anyway fyi. If its too good to be true, it probably is.
❤️ Social Media Marketing Expert Sandy Rowley ❤️
Social Media’s Part in your SEO success
Even though Facebook is Pay to Play now, with less than 2% of your followers ever seeing your posts, what are we to do? Follow me on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/WebsiteDesignReno/
There are still ways to get ‘free’ traffic from FaceBook.com
Post more often. 5 times or more a day.
Reply to comments and messages as quickly as you can.
Create contests and leverage the participants activity to grow your follower base.
Have your happy clients write you 5-star reviews on Facebook as they show up in Google search!
Don’t get suckered into a long contract with a social media expert who may or may not know what the heck their doing.!
Watch out for supposed Social media marketing experts who really don’t know what the heck their doing, but they look cool. 🙂
Your website is the single most important part of your marketing plan. Are you proud of it? Is it professional, does it rank for the keywords that matter?
Me on the red carpet for winning two Webby Awards!
Read the press release here. I’m the tall one. 🙂
Quite a lot of you raised your hands when I asked if you had your own company website. I would love to help you create a website you can be proud of and is OMG profitable.
A large number of you are just beginning your online sales journey and need a new website. I would be happy to create a custom designed site for you. My rates start at $1900. I am also putting on a private workshop to teach you how to create a stunning website that is SEO optimized correctly.
If you are in business, you know you need a website. This is the public side of your business. Not sure who to trust or where to start? Or worse, your using a free website with ads on it? Not very impressive. You can do this and I can help you every step of the way.
🔥Resources for your SEO and Website🔥
Needing affordable and reliable website hosting?
Need a Free Keyword Research Tool?
NOTE: The free one hour session is no longer available, but the free SEO tips and tricks are still listed in this video an on the SEO PDF.
Notes above, from our Free SEO Coaching Session at Swill Coffee Wine in Reno Nv.
As always, I am happy to hop on the phone and answer any questions. Our next workshop is scheduled for April 24, 2019 ONLINE Virtual Marketing Workshop. Same time, 12 -1 but make sure to come early and get a good seat. RSVP your seat here: Online Marketing Workshop with Sandy Rowley.
If you need help with increasing your websites traffic, I have 18+ years’ experience in helping small business, celebrities and government agencies regain lost traffic in Google.
Some of the digital marketing services I provide are:
SEO Audits – These audits help you uncover why your website is not ranking correctly as well as why your competitor’s websites are.
SEO Training – I provide one on one training sessions as well as private group training on site.
PPC Management and setup
Custom Web Design – That increases conversation rates/sales.
Social Media Marketing
One on One Coaching Sessions $179.
And love public speaking…available for other events.
All the best,