Content marketing, without tools, is a bit like trying to whip up Thanksgiving dinner with a microwave and a wooden spoon. On the other hand, it can be counter to your financial goals to invest cash in tools that may or may not be a good fit. That’s why free tools are always a great choice.
RenoWebDesigner.com is the leading marketing company located in Reno Nevada, serving all of northern Nevada including Sparks Nv as well as the greater United States. Call or text 775-870-0488.
The good news is that you certainly have a wide selection. There are a virtually limitless number of free tools available for content marketers. Unfortunately, many are outdated. Others simply don’t work very well. It’s time to start fresh with a list of fifteen free content marketing tools that can help you reach your goals today.
FollowerWonk is an analytics tool created specifically for Twitter users. It allows marketing professionals to learn more about their existing followers, identify potential influencers, and better plan their Twitter outreach strategies. Information you can glean from this tool includes follower, geographic data and timing of Tweets. There’s a limited version for free, or you can purchase one of the reasonably priced subscription plans.
HootSuite is a tool that allows you to manage your social media platforms from a single location. While there are paid plans available, there is also a limited free version that is well worth checking out. Here are some features:
Social Media Monitoring
Filmora is a free, meme generating tool that allows you to create and publish watermark free memes. Why memes for content marketing? Simply put, memes are memorable and people love them. Create memes here, then use them on your website, social media, or email campaigns.
Canva is another great tool for creating a variety of visual content. It has a drag and drop interface, libraries full of visual assets, and allows you to create a variety of content. This includes:
Social Media Posts
You can use the images that come with the tool, or you can upload your own. There are even courses and tutorials to help you improve your skills, and create amazing, visual content.
Successful content marketing campaigns depend on your ability to create and curate the right content at the right time. Post Planner helps with that. The tool combs the internet for content that may be relevant to your audience. In addition to this, you can use the tool to create a publishing calendar to choose exactly when your content will post. Finally, it has a dashboard that allows you to see your social media posts, and edit them all from one spot.
Curata is another content curation tool for marketers. It was created to assist content marketers in their efforts to create, curate, distribute, and manage the content process. Marketers who are overwhelmed by the task of consistently outputting engaging content can use Curata to find the most relevant content.
Sprout Social is a popular, social media management platform that contains many great functions. Marketers who need help in the following areas should definitely consider a trial of this software. It includes:
Emotional Marketing Value Headline Analyzer
The Emotional Marketing Value Headline Analyzer tool is a free web-based tool. It’s simple to use. You just enter in headline text, up to 20 words long. Then, the tool tools you both your EMV (Emotional Marketing Value) score, and the predominant emotional classification expressed in your headline. You can then use the results to determine whether or not your headline has the intended effect.
A great content marketing campaign has several important elements. You have to identify and segment your audience, choose social media platforms, identify the right topics, engage with your audience, and analyze the results. With all of this going on, it’s easy to forget about the importance of one of the most fundamental things. You have to have well-written content to have a successful digital marketing campaign.
This is where Trust My Paper can help. They have a full team of professional copywriters. With their help, you can create top-quality content that generates leads and engagement.
IFTTT (If This Then That) is a tool that automates a variety of actions across any number of tools and platforms. To use it, you simply connect your email, social media accounts, apps, even devices to your IFTTT account. Then, you can create recipes to be executed when certain conditions happen. While IFTTT has a variety of uses, it’s undeniably useful for content marketers. Consider using the tool to do the following:
Send Twitter Mentions to a Spreadsheet
Send an Email to Your Marketing Account When You Receive a Reddit Username Mention
Receive an Email Notification When a Specified Hashtag is Used on Twitter
Send Content You’ve Created on Tumblr to WordPress
Share New Posts to LinkedIn
Create Spreadsheet Entries of New Social Media Followers
Send Reminders to Create And Publish Content
Essentially, if you’ve ever thought, ‘It would be nice if this happened when that happened…’, this is a great tool to have in your arsenal.
BuzzSumo is an excellent tool for finding great content, identifying relevant topics for your audience, and gaining insights into the content your competitors are producing. You can use the tool to find the most shared content, monitor your brand, and see which influencers are getting the most ‘play’ on their social media content.
Your own, original images are always best. However, you may not always have a picture for every situation. That’s why stock images still have their place in content marketing. Unfortunately, free image sites are full of low-quality images that are often watermarked. This is why many marketing experts believe it is well worth it to use a reputable source of publicly available images like Getty.
Ahrefs is a suite of tools that allow you to boost SEO, boost traffic, and conduct competitive research. It includes a backlink checker, keyword research tool, keyword management, web crawling capabilities, and more. This is a great tool to help you identify the best focus keywords, and better determine how to build your content around those.
If you’ve chosen WordPress as your CMS for your blog or website, Yoast could be a huge asset for you. Yoast is widely seen as the premier, SEO plugin for WordPress. In fact, if you use this tool, you may not need anything else to maximize SEO for your website. Yoast will build your SEO sitemaps, help you identify duplicate content, title and image tagging, and more.
Each of the tools listed above has a proven track record when it comes to content marketing. Even better, they are either free to use on an ongoing basis, or you can try out a trial version. In any case, we are confident that you can use any one of these to boost your content marketing efforts.
About the Author: Kristin Savage nourishes, sparks and empowers using the magic of a word. Along with pursuing her degree in Creative Writing, Kristin was gaining experience in the publishing industry, with expertise in marketing strategy for publishers and authors. Now she works as a freelance writer at BestEssayEducation and GrabMyEssay.
Every business needs to think about their marketing efforts. There are many things businesses can do to ensure the success of their marketing plans such as SEO, paid advertising, social media, and more.
But before business can put any of these things to work, they need a clear digital marketing plan.
In this article, we will show you how to get yours in motion. Let’s get started.
RSVP for our Reno Nv Marketing Workshop here: TBD. Follow us on Meetup to see our next marketing support groups, networking events and live digital marketing workshops.
Know Your Audience
Before you begin your marketing strategy, you need to identify who your audience is. Different audiences respond better to certain tactics, so a marketing strategy is not one size fits all.
Both need to work hand in hand to determine what your target audience will respond better to.
For example, if your audience is women in their 20s and 30s, your campaign should include more social media tactics. On the other hand, if your audience is men in their 60s and up, you wouldn’t focus all your efforts on social media.
Set a Clear Objective
After you’ve identified who you want to target, it’s time to set clear objectives.
Answer the question, what do you want your marketing strategy to achieve? In order to effectively answer the question, you need to have a defined mission and objectives.
Measure the Effectiveness of Your Plan
You need always to measure the effectiveness of your marketing strategy. How can this be possible?
It can be done by choosing monitoring tools and keeping a close eye on them.
For example, at the beginning of your strategy, you might want to set KPI’s and measure their effectiveness.
Whatever other tools you should measure the effectiveness of your strategy, you need to ensure you keep an eye on it.
Learn From the Past Mistakes
Unless your business is brand new, chances are you’ve created a marketing strategy before.
And while you might be tempted to carry on some of the tactics that worked for you before, you must also learn from your past mistakes.
Knowing the previous failures of your marketing strategy will help you identify what not to do in the future.
The more information you make, the more successful your new strategy will be.
Set a Budget
This one is one of the most important tips to keep in mind. When coming up with a marketing plan, you need to always stick to your budget.
If you’re going to outsource to a marketing agency, make sure you discuss the budgets in the early meetings.
Determine how much you want to spend on paid promotion such as banners and pay per click.
Make a Plan but Allow for Detours
Finally, while it’s important you make a plan from the beginning, allow for some flexibility.
If something doesn’t seem to be working out, go ahead and change it.
Create a Digital Marketing Plan: The Bottom Line
Now that you know more about creating a digital marketing plan, you can get started and give it a try.
Remember to identify your audience, set a budget, and make a plan.
If you enjoyed these tips and would like to learn more about marketing tips, visit the marketing section of our blog.
Marketers have been predicting the demise of traditional marketing since the late 90s. But turn on your TV or listen to your car radio. Companies still pay for tv commercials and radio ads.
The same is true for print advertising. Newspapers and magazines haven’t gone the way of Betamax. Flyers, posters, brochures, and so on are still alive and kicking.
So why do some marketers insist that digital marketing is the only way to go? Let’s talk about the whole traditional vs digital marketing thing in detail. This way, you can choose which is better for your business.
Traditional Marketing Pros and Cons
One of the advantages of traditional marketing is how easy it is to understand. That comes from years and years of exposure.
For your marketing goals, it means two things. Using traditional modes of marketing means it’s a sure way to reach your local audience. It also offers tangibility.
There’s nothing like a good business card your customers can keep with them. It’s a good reminder of your brand – something they can look at and not mindlessly scroll through.
Of course, it’s not without disadvantages. The costs alone will make you think twice about print or radio advertisements. Print advertising costs can add up when you pay people to distribute your materials.
Another thing you have to worry about is tracking results. Did your flyers make the right impression? It’s not so transparent compared to the number of likes or website visits.
Digital Marketing vs Traditional Marketing
The great thing about digital marketing is it’s accessible. It doesn’t matter how big or little your marketing budget is. There’s a digital marketing strategy that will work for you.
With TV ads, for example, you’ll have to set aside a huge chunk of your budget. Otherwise, TV stations won’t air your ad. That’s not a problem for Google or Facebook ads.
You set your budget and get real-time results on how your campaigns are doing. If your ads aren’t doing well, pause or stop them. Come out with new ads and try again.
Also, nothing beats social media marketing for sharing your message as fast as you want it. It’s as quick as a click of a button. You can’t get the same results with brochures or billboards.
The truth is no business can afford to not be online. You’ll be losing a huge chunk of potential customers if you don’t have a website. A strong social media presence is a must, too.
But if there are traditional means of marketing that work for your business, keep using them. Just make sure you don’t use up all your money for your traditional marketing materials.
Bottom line: don’t think of it as traditional vs digital marketing. If you want the most bang for your buck, think digital first. When you have more money to spend, experiment with traditional forms of advertising.
But don’t forget to track your results. If you need help with digital marketing, don’t hesitate to contact us.
We business owners work hard enough as it is, now we have the task to learn SEO, PPC, Social Marketing, Email Marketing and Reputation Management, each of which could be another full-time job.
I take my 18 + years’ experience in ranking small and large company websites in the major search engines and break it down to bite size and useful information that my small business owners can take to work, implement and grow their business.
Why do I give free marketing workshops? I love this stuff, yes that’s the truth, but, in the future, when your business is really starting to take off, you will need someone to help maintain growth, I hope to be that marketing guru that you can depend on. If not, no worries, the free marketing workshops I hold are great publicity for my local SEO and web design services.
Let’s get together and help each other with marketing strategies, tools, resources and one on one review of what is currently working online and what is a waste of time.
The marketing event starts at 12 – 1pm. Bring your questions, laptop, mobile phone and good looks. Make sure to get to the coffee shop 15 minutes early to save your seat.
Join us for a relaxed, fun and entertaining workshop on the best internet marketing tips & tricks to help grow your small business in the Reno Nevada area.
(don’t worry, this is not a high-pressured sales event where I convince you to hawk your family jewels to get rich over night. 😉
Bring your laptop, mobile phone or a pen and notebook, because you are going to have lots to talk about in this one-hour Internet Marketing Workshop series held by localSEO Expert, Sandy Rowley of RenoWebDesigner.com.
“She makes the information easy to learn and fun.” Cynthia R.
“Best hour spent growing my business.” Tom H.
“If I had only known about Sandy sooner…lucky to know her now!” Max L
THE MOST IMPORTANT INTERNET MARKETING STRATEGY in 2018.
You MUST learn social media, SEO and PPC in order to compete in 2018. Online marketing strategist and coach, Sandy Rowley will do a LIVE FIRE Round Session with 50 local businesses. Have questions? Stuck on something? Sandy has over 18 years experience helping small and large businesses gain new clients online.
This internet marketing workshop is for business owners and locals in the Reno Nevada area who are curious how to increase their website traffic, build their own website, use social media to gain new clients or simply want to stay up to date on the best and proven marketing strategies for their organization.
BE WARNED THOUGH, if you run a local SEO, web design or PPC marketing business or thinking about starting one, do not sign up for this workshop. I have a big heart and love to help small businesses, but draw the line at teaching my competitors how to out rank me. I have actually had a hand full of supposed SEO Experts come to my workshops asking me how to start a SEO business FYI.
Reno Business Owners Only please.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Yes. Ages 18 and up please.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Lots of free parking located in front of the coffee shop.
What can I bring into the event?
Your sexy self and a laptop, mobile phone and pen / paper.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Call or text her at 775-870-0488. Visit www.renowebdesigner.com
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes, please do. If you lose your ticket, have an ID please.
A smart business person would be in as many of these results as they could afford.
1. Do a thorough keyword research online. Find the most profitable keywords for your small business.
2. Target only the keywords that you have a chance at ranking for.
3. If the keywords are already over run with large corporations on the first page, chances are you will need a HUGE SEO and PPC budget in order to compete.
4. Focus on long tail keywords with less than 1000 searches per month.
5. Use those money-making keywords in your blog posts, web pages and in your social media posts.
6. Name images from your website as those keywords.
7. Tag your images with Alt tags using keywords, but describing the image.
8. Create a blog posting schedule and stick to it! Once a day, week, month?
9. Link each related blog post to the next one in the cycle.
10.Never delete outdated content. Always update it with correct or new information.
😥SCAMS TO WATCH OUT FOR WHEN WORKING WITH SEO OR SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING “EXPERTS”
“Sure, I will do your online marketing for free. Don’t pay until I get you results man!” LOL really? Free?
1. Does the company offer a “No payment till I get results?” This is a big shocker when you read the fine print. You must have a budget of $7500, $10,000 or more per month that you give to them to run your campaigns for you. This is what it usually takes for big SEO and PPC campaigns anyway fyi. If its too good to be true, it probably is.
2. Did the SEO company use PPC (pay per click ads) to rank #1 for ‘SEO’? Ask them why they are not ranked high in Google SEO search for their own keywords? 🤔
I have been doing SEO (search engine optimization) for over 18 years. Here recently, a number of branding or advertising agencies are now offering SEO and Social Media marketing packages.
These ad agencies are CLUELESS as to how to rank their own website for real keywords let alone able to help your business out. They charge handsomely for these fake services as well.
3. Does the SEO company promise #1 rankings for $100 a month or less? Think about it, if you or I could be #1 for a keyword like ‘Reno Real Estate’ for less than $100 a month, we could be rich! Why are those big corporations spending hundreds of thousands of dollars a month to be #1 for that keyword?
Most of the large SEO or PPC companies are hoping you will keep paying the money and not notice OR they trick you into thinking your #1 by having you sign into your Gmail email and check your rankings. They are also buying fake views to look at your website and inflate your stats.
4. Save yourself the money and migraine headaches and do NOT do your own PPC in Google or FaceBook! Why you ask? These large advertising sites will take your money, fast. You must have skin in the game and be an active PPC marketing expert to make these sites work well for your business. 99% of every business that does their own PPC lose money, every time!
5. Take classes on PPC and advertising before starting a supposed easy to use PPC campaign with Google or Facebook.
6. Do not count on posting on your Facebook wall as advertising. Even if you have thousands of followers, less than 2% of your followers will ever see your posts! FB is total pay to play now.
7. Never sign a yearly contract with a large marketing company like Yelp or others. If some large company is promising you the moon for a few hundred dollars each month, save your money and go gamble in Reno.
8. Hire a kid, neighbor, someone at church, someone off Craigslist…to design your website or do your online marketing for you.
9. Don’t buy into a marketing package just because the person is good looking, popular, seems smarter than you or worse, because you don’t have the time to check them out first.
10.Drop the ball on your marketing efforts because it has been a month, and no one is calling. Marketing takes time, effort and follow through to win big in business.
Did I say NEVER buy backlinks?!?!?!!
👍 Social Media’s Part in your SEO success
Even though Facebook is Pay to Play now, with less than 2% of your followers ever seeing your posts, what are we to do? Follow me on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/WebsiteDesignReno/
There are still ways to get ‘free’ traffic from FaceBook.com
1. Post more often. 5 times or more a day.
2. Reply to comments and messages as quickly as you can.
3. Create contests and leverage the participants activity to grow your follower base.
4. Have your happy clients write you 5-star reviews on Facebook as they show up in Google search!
5. Upload funny, shocking, crazy and deeply interesting content to your FB feed. You can share others great content onto your own business page.
6. Join groups where your customers are more likely to be chatting it up sharing their likes/dislikes and wishes. This is a great way to find new ideas on what your customers are looking for.
7. Sponsor a social media group.
8. Make sure that all of your About page information is correct. Use your correct email address as well as your website address.
9. Learn more about Facebook PPC with a free class with me.
10.Set it and don’t forget it. Use FB schedule a post feature and schedule out your posts a month in advance.
Old School Marketing Tips that still work!
1. Business cards are still a great way to reach new clients. Make sure your business card is unique and offers something that is surprising and/or funny.
2. Create flyers about your products and services and share around town. Do this weekly for best reach.
3. Cold calling can work in some areas. Today most small businesses are over whelmed with sales calls. So, instead, call with some good news. Offer something useful and for free.
4. Volunteer at local and busy events while wearing your company t shirt!
5. Take people to lunch once a month.
6. Invite past clients out to an art workshop, paid by you of course. Ask them to invite a friend. Actually, have fun and get to know each other.
7. Print up your logo and a fun business quote on coffee mugs. Then send them to new potential clients. They will use this mug in their break room and will see your message every day at breaktime. 😊
8. Go in on a local billboard with a related business in town. Yes these big annoying ads still work in some locations.
9. Sponsor a local non-profit. Make sure as part of the trade, they send out a thank you email about your company to all their followers on email and social media. Track the links!
10.Host a destressing walk each day at a local park. Wear your company t-Shirt and treat the group with respect. This is only to walk, bond and help each other out. NOT to sell anything!
Smooze and Booze baby! Networking still matters!
1. Sign up for as many in person networking events as you can stand.
2. Look for opportunities to sponsor some of if not most of these events.
3. Go to these events and offer to volunteer. Greeter is a good position to get if you can. 😊
4. Wear your company T Shirt and charm.
5. Pass out your biz cards to anyone with a pulse.
6. Give a quick and free talk at each of these events. Ask the organizer first. Lol
7. Take as many business cards as people will offer you.
8. Ask questions as these events. Example: If you had a choice between buying a billboard spot or a full color ad in “name of magazine here” which would you prefer and why?
9. Wear a funny hat, button, shoes, shirt or something to make you stand out.
10.Start your own local networking party!
Leverage your related, but not competitive contacts in the industry
1. Reach out to other businesses you know and ask them if they would like to do a promotion with you.
2. Share articles from your website onto other websites. Make sure to get a back link to your website first.
3. Create an affiliate account for your business where others sell your products/services and only get paid if they make you a sale.
4. Sponsor large galas and events with local non profits. Make sure to get a back link from their website to yours.
5. Donate business and marketing books to your local library, but make sure to put a tag in the front of the book saying who donated it!
6. Sponsor local Meetup groups that are related to the products and services you offer.
7. Try to be an active member of that Meetup group.
8. Host or sponsor a school event. Send out flyers to every parent in your school district. Often for free.
9. Host a yard sale each Spring at your business. Invite other noncompetitive businesses to donate for an ad spot at your yard sale.
10. Hand out flyers at popular events while wearing your t-shirt.
A large number of you are just beginning your online sales journey and need a new website. I would be happy to create a custom designed site for you. My rates start at $1500.
I am also putting on a private workshop to teach you how to create a stunning website that is SEO optimized correctly. $499 one time fee.
If you are in business, you know you need a website. This is the public side of your business. Not sure who to trust or where to start? Or worse, your using a free website with ads on it? Not very impressive. You can do this and I can help you every step of the way.
Join me with 10 other small business owners as we create your very own, professional website that is optimized for the right keywords and is professional. One-time fee of $399 ($499 normally). This is a 3-hour event. You must have a laptop with wifi capabilities. (if you do not have a laptop, I can sign you up for a one on one session with me where we can use my laptop).
You will leave with a beautiful website that is ready to rank well in Google and other search engines. Call me to RSVP 775-870-0488. I have 4 spots open for next month’s private workshop.
1. Make sure your website is NOT a template that is used by thousands of other businesses. I had a new client hire me to design a custom website after he learned that his website (Love Dating Coach Site) looked almost exactly like a local Plumbers website in the same city. OUCH! Sites like Squarespace and others are cool looking, but the website you create is a templated used by thousands of other businesses. Not very professional if you ask me.
2. Make sure to RSVP for my free, monthly, internet marketing workshops held in Reno Nv.
3. I am also creating online workshops in the near future.
4. Schedule a one on one coaching session with me for $99. The value you get is amazing and well worth the small investment.
5. Use images that tell stories. Never steal an image off of Google or online. There are plenty of Free and Paid stock photo sites for you to use. www.pexels.com is just one of them.
6. Leverage the amazing free traffic you can get from signing up for a business account with www.Pinterest.com
7. Sign up for a free networking account on http://www.alignable.com/reno-nv/seo-web-design-marketing-reno-web-designer
8. Hire a virtual assistant to help with your daily tasks. This will free up tie for you to focus on the most important thing you can do for your business each week, marketing it!
9. Create and send out monthly press releases that link back to your website.
10.Measure what is working and 10x your efforts on your wins.
As always, I am happy to hop on the phone and answer any questions. Our next workshop is scheduled for next month at Swill Coffee & Wine Same time, 12 -1 but make sure to come early and get a good seat. RSVP your seat here: https://bit.ly/SandyRowleySEOPro
If you need help with increasing your websites traffic, I have 18+ years’ experience in helping small business, celebrities and government agencies regain lost traffic in Google.