SEO (search engine optimization) is used to position a website at the top of Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines for a given keyword or phrase. instead of paying to have an ad at the top of these popular search engines, you can hire a SEO consultant to rank your website in the free clicks section of these websites.
How can SEO optimizing your website help generate more sales?
Easy, when a customer goes to a search engine like Google for instance, chances are, they already have an idea of what they are looking to buy or learn more about.
Most of the searches performed in Google of from people who are actively ready to buy something. Using SEO strategies correctly can position your companies website at the top of these search results, giving your company ideal placement at the very moment your customer is needing your products and/or services.
There are thousands of SEO companies and experts to choose from. Even large hosting companies like Blue Host offer SEO services. Make sure to read the fine print with the larger companies. If it is too good to be true, it often is. Think about it, if your website is listed at the top of the search engines for keywords that will make you thousands of dollars a month in revenue… why would a big company be selling SEO services to rank you #1 for that keyword for a few hundred bucks a month?
Most of these companies that sell cheap SEO services are not being honest. Make sure to do your homework and check out their reviews online for SEO first. You will be shocked to see how many of these large affordable SEO companies have horrible online reviews for a reason.
Hosting company, now offers SEO… check their reviews first. Mostly 1 stars! BlueHost complaints.
BlueHost, a cheap hosting company, does a pretty good job at explaining What is SEO?
However, please keep in mind, using cheap web hosting companies will hurt your SEO rankings in the long run.
How to choose the right SEO Expert for your project?
SEO stands for search engine optimization. There are several ways to optimize a website for ranking higher in the top search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.com
Research in Google these companies.
- Look at their reviews on Google, Yelp and FaceBook.
- Test the SEO experts own website and make sure they actually use SEO to acquire customers. Use free keyword tools to see how many buyer intent keywords the SEO experts own website ranks for.
- Call a few of the SEO experts clients and verify they actually helped that company. A lot of SEO companies online list fake customers in their portfolios.
How do most reputable SEO’s rank websites?
The first step is to do what is called on site optimization.
On site SEO includes some of the following:
- Making sure the website works well on mobile phones and other mobile devices.
- Checking that the website loads in under 2.5 seconds.
- Verifying that the website does not have missing or 404 error pages.
- The website has a good reputation on website review directories.
Learn more about SEO on Quora here: https://www.quora.com/What-is-seo-marketing
Sandy Rowley, leading SEO consultant can be reached at 775-870-0488.
How can you find a local SEO expert you can trust?
- Reach out to local businesses that are ranking well in Google. Ask them if they would share their SEO expert contact information.
- Google “Your city name here + SEO Experts” who ranks at the top of the Google search results? Make sure they rank in the organic and not just in the AD or the Paid Per Click section in Google.
- Check out local SEO directories for top SEO companies in your city. These sites can provide some value to validate top SEO experts in your city, but keep in mind, these SEO directories charge for “top” SEO placements…which is paid advertising, not Search engine optimization. 🙂
Looking to try doing your own SEO?
Hubspot has a good starter SEO template here: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/seo-strategy
If you decide to venture into doing your own SEO, make sure to keep your company website safe from predatory SEO companies and scammers.
Some things to watch out for are:
- Never buy back links from sites like Fiverr.com
- Never hire someones cousin, friend or son to do cheap SEO. They usually are not savvy enough to be up to date on the latest rules for SEO. Work with someone who makes their living 100% online doing digital marketing.
- Do not use black hat SEO strategies. yes, they work, but in the long run will ruin your trust and authority with Google.
- Entrepreneur.com has a great article on bad SEO practices here: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/225379
You can also find a local internet marketing workshop. Often these workshops are helpful in pointing you in the right direction. I host free workshops each month in Reno Nv and also provide one on one SEO coaching over the phone and computer screen share. You can call to learn more. 775-870-0488 and ask for Sandy Rowley.
Search engine optimization expert, Sandy Rowley can be reached by calling or texting her at 775-870-0488. She is located at 450 Sinclair St, Reno, NV 89501.
Part of a series on
Search engine optimization
Local search engine optimisation
Social media marketing
Search engine marketing
Cost per impression
Cost per action
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the online visibility of a website or a web page in a web search engine’s unpaid results—often referred to as “natural”, “organic”, or “earned” results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a website appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine’s users; these visitors can then be converted into customers. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, video search, academic search,news search, and industry-specific vertical search engines. SEO differs from local search engine optimization in that the latter is focused on optimizing a business’ online presence so that its web pages will be displayed by search engines when a user enters a local search for its products or services. The former instead is more focused on national or international searches.